That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Sunday, July 8, 2007

Top Five Records

Funny since I just watched "High Fidelity" this morning, oh lists...are anything as fun to make and as useless or impractical? I doubt it. So my top five CDs, or the only CDs I would own if I were limited to five. Excellent question.

1. Bright Eyes - Lifted OR the Story is in the Soil, Keep Your Ear to the Ground
2. XTC - Skylarking
3. Pink Floyd - Dark Side of the Moon
4. Bob Dylan - Time Out of Mind
5. the Fiery Furnaces - Blueberry Boat

Runners Up...the Beatles - Abbey Road and Led Zeppelin - Led Zeppelin IV

I'm still working on my explanation of my top ten, so I'll work on these next. My next question - five movies, go.

As for Global Warming, I'm right about with you. Obviously some of the heating we have documented is the Earth's natural cycle, but I think some of it is also due to our own actions. I also think we might be past inevitable point of no return as well to expect everything to stay as it always has been. I don't fear at all for humans as a race, but I have a feeling that we will see a lot of unnecessary deaths as the climate changes and people are too stubborn to change to adapt to said changes...similar to New Orleans prior to Katrina, they had 48 hours to get out of the city and yes, our government fucked up and rescue plans should have been prepared during that same time, that's not the point. To think nature can't win is just ignorant, as all powerful as we are, nature can still take us a couple of rounds without being knocked down once and we ave to respect that. I think converting to renewable resources, particularly solar power, would be the most intelligent thing we can do as a race. Even outside of the environmental reasons, it's just plan and simple more efficient and easier to do on a small scale. If all the shingles in the world were replaced with solar panels, I'm sure we'd generate more than enough power for everything else...just my thoughts. Overall, I'd say expect major changes over the next twenty years, but as long as we are willing to adapt and accept what the Earth hands us, we should all be fine.

Also - I'm doing well, thanks for asking. It sounds like you're really busy, but it sounds like you're doing some pretty interesting stuff and just keep in mind that "shit rolls downhill" so you'll probably just have to wade through it for a couple of years to establish yourself...sounds like you're doing well though, at least. I'll probably have some lyrics up for next week, and it's okay, I already knew you secretly loved me. Also, I gave you admin privileges so you can invite whoever you want too. The more the merrier. I feel like I was going to say something else, but I got nothing so I'm heading to bed. Ta.

1 comment:

Rae Wood said...

I think that perhaps we have to have thoes deaths. You said that people will refuse to adapt and that will cause unnecessary deaths. However, we are clearly overpopulated. We have taken over this planet and every species which over populates experiences some major problem that kills them over eventually. Maybe this is natures way of bringing us back to a reasonable population.