That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Part II of my babbling

Number 4, Communication. As you said when talking about languages, we have developed a highly complex system of communication that has multiple languages and multiple ways to put those techniques into action. We have evolved to have spoken, written, verbal and non-verbal. We use the internet, and post office, we use the phone and we use face to face communication. Without effective communication we wouldn’t get very far very fast these days. And yet despite the need, many people don’t know how to use their words to get what they want and need.

Number 3, science. I have a major in chemistry, so I obviously see something in science. But what is so cool about science to those who don’t understand it? It’s everywhere. Everything we do, everywhere we go we’re surrounded by scientific concepts and ideas. Some may be abstract, while others are straight forward but it’s there. Evolution, baking, gardening, electricity, driving, it’s all got science in it. I have an obsession with what’s around me and how it works. So science is there.

Number 2, music. This was a hard choice. Is music one or two, but finally I had to put it at two but just barely. Music is my soundtrack, it’s always there, it’s always playing. There’s always a song to describe the situation and the mood that you’re in. And when you find a musician that you connect with it’s like a magical moment. However, to try and keep this short I’m going to go with the easy out and say that Nathan’s response fits perfectly here.

Number 1, relationships. This takes number one. Whether it is my relationship with my boyfriend, my friendships that I have with various people or the people I meet on the street without relationships I would have very little. They are what drive music, movies, stories, and a million other things in our world. Humans were not made to be solitary and anyone who tries to tell you that they were is lying. We need each other for support and for jeering, all of it. To quote Morrie, “Love each other or perish.”

Oh my word, this is much longer than I was thinking it would be. You see I’m typing this is word and copying into Blogger and right now I’m up to eight pages between answering all my lists and typing up some other stuff to post in the next few days. I didn’t know I was so full of stuff to say and yet at the same time, I feel like I’m not writing a thorough explanation.

This concludes my list about my favorite things. Stay tuned for my five favorite movies and more. And as a last bit, please add me to the writing blog, I would love to be involved in that. Ta!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah - I had no idea how much I had written for the Me Manifesto posts until I actually read through them. The funny thing is that they didn't take nearly as long to write, evidently the words just flowed out of my fingers and onto the page.