That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Thursday, July 26, 2007

Life's a bowl of chocolate covered cherries

I think I have my story. But it's long (as though that's anything new), and I'm not sure I'm ready to post it yet. I'm intrigued by the lyrics, I have dabbled a little bit in Modest Mouse and this songs is an example of why. The imagery that it brings to mind it can be applied to different situations and many different people can find something they have in common with it.
My life list has about 13 items on it right now and I will probably post it soon. I think I may take the weekend off of here and evergreen and get my political blog fully up and going. I also think I could use a break from typing all the time although it does make a great way to pass time at work when I'm just sitting around waiting for them to bring me samples. I only wish I had internet access so that I could post when I get entries done. Then again I have the opportunity to work on these entries almost all day while getting paid so I really shouldn't complain.
I feel the desire to throw my own question into the mix once more and request an entry about celebrity coverage in the news. Do you feel that covering celebrities when they are doing illegal or unsafe things is overdone, underdone, or you don't care at all? The reason it comes to my mind is the coverage of Paris Hilton, and more recently Lindsey Lohan. So I thought it would be cool if we could all weigh in on the topic.
As for the other topics. I'll be answering them as well as mine sometime in the next week. I just figured we always have a million topics going, why not keep the ball rolling?

No comments: