That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Monday, July 23, 2007

More assignments...are we sure this isn't homework

Just to clarify, all that writing happened over four or five days. That's why there's so much of it, because I had the time and desire to do it...
A couple more thoughts on Harry Potter...I see where you're coming from it's not quite on the same level as Tolkein or Lewis, however she has created a very realistic world that is drawing kids and adults back to reading. I LOVE the Weasley twins, they are AWESOME. But Sirius is a really cool character to me. I could write just as much about a few other series' I've read, but you got me on Harry Potter when my thoughts were ripe because of the seventh book coming out.
Thoughts on your thoughts on my thoughts. I agree completely. I will refrain from political matters here, although I will most likely be taking them elsewhere, although three blogs will slow down my replies, which I think I could deal with as long as everyone else can. So yeah people get your acts together, post it up, share your views, we love them all!
Now for my vacation, which I didn't write nearly as much as a lot of other things about...so :P

If I could get a week's worth of paid vacation I would visit my friends. Ok, that’s the truth because I’m getting a weeks worth of paid vacation. I’m planning to go to Adrian to see my boyfriend and my friend Tommy and a few other people that are not nearly as important as the two of them. I know that seems really weird, but a week really isn’t that long to me, because by the time I fly to Germany or Hawaii (two places I want to go to in the near future), how much am I going to be able to do? I suppose either place would make a great get away for a week, but to me, if I’m going to go to a place like that I’d at least want to stay a week and a half if not two weeks, but that’s me I guess. So yeah if I had some vacation time and enough money to do what I want, I’d go to Hawaii or Germany. This entry is a little short, I guess I could say why I want to go to those places.

I have an obsession with Europe and European history, Nathan you already knew this, and I’ve been to Germany once but I really want to go back because I feel I barely touched anything while I was there. Hawaii, because I have a really good friend that lives there now and I haven’t seen her in about two years now, I’d love to see her and plus it’s a tropical climate. You have to love the ocean and the warmth. I’d be rockin’ out on the beach. So there you have it. My vacation plans.

1 comment:

Rae Wood said...

I don't think that all political ideas are bad, when I commented on the last entry I had not actually read what you had suggested. I truly thing that we should be talking about some political things, I just however, don't think that it should be a focus.