That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Wednesday, April 9, 2008

"I would never put my name on an inferior product"

Enterprising... - The Simpson's Ride - Universal Orlando

Good idea or bad idea? I for one like the idea, as both a fan of the show and a fan of amusement parks in general. Just to clarify, it is just a singular ride, from what I hear - replacing the old Back to the Future ride at the parks. Part of me is also a little annoying that they elected to call it "Krustyland" as oppose to "Itchy and Scratchy Land" which is what the show used, but who am I to judge them based on silly details? I think it'd be even better of them to make it more of a midway environment with multiple rides and maybe take some of the focus off of the main family and onto Krusty, who is the namesake for the area but I understand the reasoning - that some people who aren't as obsessively familiar with the show may not get the same joy out of going to Krusty's amusement park without having the context of it being a Simpson's spin-off. On a side note that may interest some of you, the same park is building the Wizarding World of Harry Potter.

I'm short on time today and a bit busy, so I'm afraid that's it for today's post. More tomorrow - promise. Ta.

No comments: