That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Transcontinential Railroad to where again?

Well, I have to say that I miss the conversations as much as you do. I find it very hard to carry get people to have in depth talks about anything and no one seems to care. I have to say I find myself more so than ever now that I've graduated going back to the days of Mr. Loncharte's classes where you and I and a few others would find ourselves engrossed in talks about the book of the week and trying to find connections to our lives. Here I am in Utah. I passed a sign that said Taggart and poof it's like I'm right back there again. And the first thing I do when I get Internet? I e-mail you about it Nathan. Well, shows how much I haven't changed doesn't it?

Ok, so the point of all of this is. That no matter where I go, there are certain things that stick with me no matter where I go and the thoughts of the transcontinental railroad, and the fall of the world are all within that realm of shall I say imagination. I am moving into the real world and in that real world I see more and more of the things we all used to talk about occurring. I'm not sure where the train that we're all on is going, but I do know that I wouldn't trade my time with my friends for anything. So as we take this ride call life, and ask constantly where are we headed? Lets remember to have those conversations that connected us together in the first place. For now Ta!

1 comment:

Rae Wood said...

I have to say I have long been a person who didn't make the types of friendships that were to be kept. However, in recent years I have finally found a group of people that I can actually talk with and now that we are all in different places I am finding it harder and harder to move on with my life. The things that used to be my entire life bore me because I know that there are people out there who have the ability to have a completley open talk about anything and now that they are not around I find myself craving such things so thank you so much for inviting me to this blog and I promose that when I get back to my life ( I am currently on Vacation) I will be a much better member of the blog! Because frankly I dont know how much longer I can go on with my life missing out on all of the conversations that are just waiting to be had!