That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Friday, November 14, 2008

Hi! Are you a fairy?

Is Hollywood in a creative slump? No. The problem is, the creative parts are being watered down by all the crap that they think we want...or maybe we do want it, I don't know. I've always wondered if they make it because we watch it or if we watch it because they make it. Anyways, that's a discussion for another day - I have an idea. Well, I'd like to promote a philosophy I suppose.

I'd like to see a little diversity sprouting from the same story lines. I'll explain.

I think my primary concept behind this is coming from Christmas Music. I know, I just lost you. I like Christmas Music...for like a month a year, but it drives an important point. Ever hear "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas"? Of course you have, it's a popular song that time of year (in case you're wondering, I don't start listening to Christmas Music until Thanksgiving). So anyways - I have heard some great versions of that song...I mean, have you ever listened to the lyrics? Sure you can sing with an upbeat, optimistic tone...or you could take it with a somber, nostalgic tone thinking of Christmases past. Think of other Christmas songs - different versions bring out different aspects of the song...different strengths and different moods.

Let me continue on my thought process here. I would like to see Tim Burton direct the Harry Potter movies. I'd like to see Guillermo del Toro (Pan's Labyrinth) do the Lord of the Rings trilogy (given he's doing the Hobbit...and the Hobbit 2), but still. I'd like to see Michel Gondry do The Golden Compass and the rest of the His Dark Materials series (without restrictions from production companies). Tim Burton is already doing Alice in Wonderland, M. Night Shyamalan is doing Avatar (the Last Airbender), etc...but I want to see more of it.

Alright - I need some opinions, I need some thoughts, I want some feedback on this thought. Ta.

No comments: