That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Trying to catch up

I will admit that I haven't read all of the past posts, because one I'm at work and it would take too much time and two I'm kinda far behind. But I'll choose now to respond to what I have read.

My response will first go to Tyler's thoughts on prison. I think that there is an idea there. Maybe if the prisoners had to work to get things like cable privileges. Those who don't work get things taken away. At that point it would work much like being out of prison and it may end up being more rehabilitation that they get right now. But I also agree with Nathan that for the most part we need to make prison less appealing than being homeless. I've always said that if I got really hard up for money I would commit a crime because jail would be more cushy than being homeless. There's something wrong with being able to hold that philosophy.

As for the current format of the blog? I see nothing wrong with it. Responding via the comment board would work, but at the same time it might make it harder to see when posts are made. Whereas with the current system it is easy to see if there has been a new post or not. If we want to change that's fine, and maybe there was something in the other posts about changing (i'll look), but there's my two cents.

The His Dark Materials series rocks! I waited three years for the third book to be released, so just be glad that you can read all three at once :) I haven't seen the Golden Compass movie and am somewhat reluctant to do so, although the fact that Daniel Craig is in it makes it very tempting. I'll probably rent it when it comes out on DVD (which I'll have to do now because it's not in theaters anymore)

On a side note the movie Juno was awesome. I really recommend that everyone go see it. It was funny and heartwarming and it made me want to watch it again as soon as it was done.

I'm thankful for my friends and family and the ability to live in a country that despite the patriot act gives us more freedoms than most of the rest of the world.

Well I think that summarizes most of the posts that I haven't responded too. At least the recent ones. As for new and better topics, I think we should discuss the topic of astrology, and I have a lot to say, but I will save it for a later date. Until then ta!

No comments: