That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Friday, February 8, 2008

Back again...

Good evening, and how are we tonight? Fine - thanks for asking.

Astrology: So this is a fun topic because there are so many fine points to it - I mean, first, do you believe in the concept of it all? I'm not talking about your sign and your given personality - I'm talking about the concept of the stars...not necessarily affecting the future, but at least affecting the present, if not our personalities? I mean - huge celestial beings, regardless of distance from our own developing minds have go to be doing something, right? Gravity still pulls, no matter how slight, regardless of distance. I don't particularly buy into the sign crap or any of the divination side of things either, but the concept of having an effect is undeniable. However, I think it's more than likely much too complex for any human to figure out, especially considering gravity seems to work faster than the speed of light - do you know how hard it would be to calculate the ACTUAL location of various celestial bodies at any given time given simply their current position as it APPEARS to us - it's mind boggling! The closest star is 20 light years away! The sun is eight minutes away! I can't even wrap my mind around the possibilities - and we haven't even uncovered 1% of this universe. There is so much more to learn, that's a fact.

New Topic - Biirdie. So I have this adorable band from California that I recommend to just about anyone who will listen - they are called Biirdie and they just came out with their second album, Catherine Avenue and it's a great listen, so I'd recommend Google-ing them and purchasing both albums (only $20 when bought together) and maybe sending them an e-mail trying to get them to tour outside of California (okay - that one is more for me than anything).

That's what I got for now - back to work. Ta.

No comments: