That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Friday, August 22, 2008

Marketing and other new beginnings

My pessimism extends to the point of even suspecting the sincerity of the pessimists.
- Jean Rostand

That is, by far, one of my favorite quotes of recent times. Anyways, so I have recently discovered a new source of people...not just people, but many intelligent people from a wide variety of backgrounds and cultures, not to mention ages and nationalities. Thus, I am going to start a heavy "marketing campaign" to get people to come join us, so we aren't talking to ourselves for months at a time. Will I succeed? Probably not, but I'm optimistic in this new group of people I have found.

That being said, hopefully sometime tonight (or tomorrow, or Sunday...let's be honest here), I am going to rewrite my mission statement of creating this blog and post it right there at the top so everyone can read it when they first find us. I'm motivated once again to give this thing a go because I'm starting to miss intelligent conversation and this place, in theory, is the best place for it.

More later - Nathan

No comments: