That's the spirit of the whole thing, isn't it? A place to discuss whatever is on your mind - ask questions when you have them, propose theories or explain thoughts when they come to you. An open place for conversation among many diverse individuals.

Instructions

If you would like to join our community, please leave a comment, and we will be sure to add you as an author. You're also welcome to join the conversation on Twitter, just search 'weekendphilosophers'. All questions can be directed to nathan.driftwoodprose@gmail.com

Monday, September 29, 2008

This is going to be disappointing...

Alright, a quick post just so I can say I didn't take this weekend off.

First and foremost, not only thank you for your post, Jana, but also - thanks for leading me right into where I wanted to take this topic...what is up with the government bailout?  How does this even make sense?  Why should tax payers have to pay for a multinational corporation's screw up?  How is that our responsibility and how would them going out of business fatally wound our crippled economy?  Ever think maybe our economy is sinking faster than the Titanic because our national debt has nearly doubled in the past 10 years?  Or we're now apparently encouraging failure and rewarding incompetence?  Hopefully by next weekend, I'll have read a bit more on the bailout and come back better informed, but in the meantime, take a look at TMQ's take on the subject here and here.

I agree completely that it seems that the current generation stepping into power is better at pointing the finger of blame than actually solving any problems and that doesn't bode well for the future.

I have a lot more to add, but my mind isn't focusing as of this moment.  My apologies.  Hopefully I'll be more concious later.  Ta.

No comments: